Buy Zyvox Online
Zyvox is used to treat different types of bacterial infections, such pneumonia, skin infections, and infections that are resistant to other antibiotics.
This drug belongs to the group of antibacterial drugs intended for systemic use.
The active component of Zyvox - Linezolid is a synthetic antibacterial agent that is included in the group of a new class of antimicrobial drugs - oxazolidinins.
It is active in vitro against gram-positive aerobic, anaerobic, and some gram-negative bacteria and microorganisms.
Zyvox has a unique ability to selectively inhibit protein synthesis inside bacterial cells.
Some types of enterococci, streptococci, staphylococci, as well as Clostridium and other anaerobes with gram-positive activity are sensitive to Linezolid. It is effective in the fight against some resistant microorganisms-hemophilic infection, and others.
Composition and release form of Zyvox
The main active substance of the drug is Linezolid.
As auxiliary components, use: dextrose monohydrate, sodium hydroxide, citric acid monohydrate, concentrated hydrochloric acid, water for injection.
This drug Zyvox is used in the treatment of infections caused by sensitive anaerobic and aerobic gram-positive microorganisms, including those that are accompanied by bacteremia.
In particular, such as:
- Nosocomial pneumonia;
- Community-acquired pneumonia;
- Complicated infections of the skin and its structures, in particular infections on the background of diabetic foot without accompanying osteomyelitis, caused by Staphylococcus aureus (methicillin-sensitive and methicillin isolates), Streptococcus pyogenes or Streptococcus agalactiae;
- Uncomplicated infections of the skin and its structures caused by Staphylococcus aureus (only methicillin-sensitive isolates) or Streptococcus pyogenes;
- Infections caused by enterococci, including vancomycin-resistant strains of Enterococcus faecium and faecalis.
If the pathogens of infection include gram-negative microorganisms, it is recommended to prescribe combined therapy.
Contraindications of Zyvox
It is not used if the patient has an increased sensitivity (Allergy) to one of the components that are part of the drug.
Zyvox is also contraindicated in:
- Uncontrolled arterial hypertension;
- Bipolar depression;
- Schizoaffective disorder;
- Attacks of vertigo.
It is contraindicated to simultaneously take any medications that inhibit monoamine oxidase A and B (in particular, phenelzine, isocarboxazid, selegiline, moclobemide), or within two weeks after taking such drugs.
It is not recommended to take concomitant medications - serotonin reuptake inhibitors, tricyclic antidepressants, agonists of 5-HT 1 serotonin receptors (triptans), direct and indirect sympathomimetikamii (including adrenergic bronchodilators, pseudoephedrine, phenylpropanolamine), vasopressors (epinephrine, norepinephrine), dopaminergic compounds (dopamine, dobutamine), pethidine or buspirone.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Zyvox is not intended for the treatment of pregnant women. It is also not used during lactation.
Method of application
The duration of treatment is determined by the attending physician, depending on the response of the patient's body to treatment, the course of the disease.
The maximum duration of treatment is 28 days.
Recommended duration of treatment for:
- Hospital and non-hospital pneumonia, complicated infections of the skin and its structures – 10-14 days;
- Infections caused by Enterococcus faecium resistant to vancomycin, in particular infections accompanied by bacteremia – from 14 to 28 days.
In the treatment of uncomplicated infections of the skin and its structures, the dosage for adults can be reduced to 400 mg 2 times a day, the duration of treatment is 10-14 days.
Children's dosage (from birth to 12 years) is calculated at the rate of 10 mg of linezolid per 1 kg of body weight.
Elderly patients and patients with renal and hepatic insufficiency do not need to adjust the dosage and duration of treatment with this drug.
Cases of overdose with this drug have not yet been observed.
In case of overdose, it is recommended to use hemodialysis to remove the drug from the body.
Zyvox side effects
Therapy with this drug may cause adverse reactions in the form of:
- Oral, vaginal candidiasis, fungal infections, vaginitis, colitis, including pseudomembranous;
- Eosinophilia, leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, myelosuppression, pancytopenia, sideroblastic anemia;
- Anaphylactic shock;
- Lactic acidosis, hyponatremia;
- Headache, taste perversions, dizziness, hypesthesia, paresthesia, serotonin syndrome, convulsions, peripheral neuropathy;
- Visual impairment, optic neuritis, visual neuropathy, changes in color perception, visual sensations, visual field defects;
- Ringing in the ears;
- Varrhythmias, tachycardia;
- Arterial hypertension, phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, transient ischemic attack;
- Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, constipation, dry mouth, dyspepsia, gastritis, bloating, glossitis, loosening of the stool, pancreatitis, stomatitis, changes in the color of the tongue;
- Polyuria, kidney failure;
- Other adverse reactions.
Storage terms and conditions
The shelf life of Zyvox is no more than 2 years from the date of production indicated on the package. Store in a dry, protected from light place at a temperature no higher than 25°C.