Buy Bactrim Online
Bactrim is used to treat ear infections, urinary tract infections, bronchitis, traveler's diarrhea, and Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia.
This drug Bactrim belongs to a combination of antibacterial pharmaceuticals based on sulfonamides and trimethoprim, used systemically for the treatment of infectious diseases.
This antibacterial agent has a synergistic effect, which has the property of inhibiting the synthesis of compounds-purines, which are present in bacterial cells.
Also, this drug can disrupt various stages of the synthesis of folic acid metabolism.
In particular, sulfamethoxazole has the property of inhibiting the inclusion of PABA in the metabolic processes of this acid. It plays an important role in the work of the nervous system.
Trimethoprim, in turn, inhibits dihydrofolic acid reductase.
In General, the drug is able to inhibit the development of both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
At the same time, the drug does not produce any effect on fungi and viruses.
The composition and form of issue
Main active ingredients: Sulfamethoxazole, Trimethoprim.
Auxiliary components: methyl parahydroxybenzoate, sorbitol, sodium chloride, Polysorbate, food flavors (banana, vanilla), purified water, etc.
The drug is produced in the form of a suspension for oral use, in bottles of 100 ml, where 1 ml contains 240 mg of sulfamethoxazole and 40 mg of trimethoprim.
1 dose of the drug (5 ml) corresponds to 1 teaspoon.
This medication is used to treat infections:
- Respiratory organs-exacerbations in chronic bronchitis, as well as in otitis media in children, treatment and prevention of pneumonia;
- Organs of the genitourinary system: urinary tract, gonococcal urethritis, soft chancre;
- Gastrointestinal organs - typhoid and paratyphoid, shigellosis, diarrhea caused by enterogenic strains of Escherichia coli, cholera;
- Acute brucellosis, mycetoma, nocardiosis, blastomycosis.
The drug in question is contraindicated in cases where the patient has a pronounced hypersensitivity (Allergy) to the main or to one of the auxiliary components.
It is also contraindicated for use in:
- Kidney and / or liver failure, liver parenchyma damage;
- Diseases of the hematopoietic system.
It is not used in children under 2 months of age.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
This drug is not used in the treatment of pregnant women.
If it is necessary to take the drug during breastfeeding, then lactation should be suspended for the duration of treatment.
Dosage and administration
This drug is taken 2 times a day, every 12 hours.
- Children 2-5 months – 2.5 ml;
- Children 6 months – 5 years – 1 teaspoon (5 ml of suspension);
- Children 6-12 years – 2 teaspoons.
In severe cases, the dose can be increased by 50%. Preferably taken after a meal.
In 1 teaspoon contains 5 ml of the drug, in 1 tablespoon-10 ml of the drug.
Treatment lasts from 5 to 14 days, and may be used for a longer time, as prescribed by a doctor (in the treatment of chronic infections).
Symptoms of overdose with this drug:
- Nausea, vomiting, dizziness;
- Crystalluria, hematuria, anuria;
- Thrombocytopenia, leukopenia.
Treatment – gastric lavage, diuresis, hemodialysis, administration of calcium folinate.
In General, symptomatic treatment is recommended.
The drug rarely causes side effects and is well tolerated.
The following side effects are possible, such as:
- Itching, rash, allergic urticaria;
- Nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain;
- Fever, angioedema, anaphylactic shock;
- Anemia, headache, inflammation of the liver parenchyma;
- Pseudomembranous colitis;
- Nodular periarteritis, allergic myocarditis, exfoliative dermatitis, systemic lupus erythematosus.
Storage terms and conditions
Shelf life-5 years. The storage temperature should not be lower than 8°C or higher than 15°C.